Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What took me so long?

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Brian_T, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Hi all. My name is Brian and I live in Wodonga.

I have only been riding for about four months. I bought a Suzuki GS500F for my fisrt bike and I love it.

As I close on 50 I wonder what the hell took me so long. What took me so long to buy a motor bike, what took me so long to get my bike licence? Why did I wait so long to discover the absolute joy of riding a motorbike along quiet country roads.

Anyway, pleased to meet you all.

All the best.
  2. Welcome Grunter

I'm with you - waited till I was in my 30's before learning to ride and soon after started kicking myself for not doing it sooner. What a mispent youth.

Still you're on there now and thats all that matters - enjoy!
  3. PS, Hornet, I joined the army a long long time ago, over 30 years ago in fact. Have been out of it for about 5 years now.

All the best.
  4. welcome to NR Grunter01, I know what you mean, got my L's at about 48 I think, only had 2 stacks so far lol not the fall that hurts!! so Dont fall!! seriously, enjoy the ride and keep smiling :)
  5. I'm on the other end of the spectrum - started riding on the road just last year when I was 19 and have not looked back.
    Welcome to the forums and welcome to the motorcycling club - you can always check out, but you may never leave ;)
  6. Welcome Grunter01, have to agree with you about riding out in the country ... there's nothing like it, just you, the bike and the road. Good stuff.

7. Welcome to NR. I have had the riding disease since as far as I can remember (even have some pics sitting on dad's bike as a toddler) and stopped riding for a few years but took it up again about 5 months ago. Absolutely loving riding on these roads.
  8. Welcome to NR , enjoy the ride
  9. Welcome to NR. Dont worry your not the only one. I am a late starter as well. Now on the dark side and loving it.
  10. Bwian hey. Welcome to NR :)
  11. Hi and welcome to NR