Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What to wear under leather pants?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Haggismaen, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Just bought a pair of leather pants and someone mentioned to me that I should look into wearing something such as silk/wool under the leather in order to protect against burns from the leather while sliding.

I'm looking for something that will protect against the heat, but with the warmer weather coming up, also allow my skin to breathe and keep (fairly) cool. What does everyone else use, and where are the best places to look for something like this?
  2. Sexy pink g-string like the skanks do!! :LOL:
    Like thats going to protect them when they come off.

I wear FITTED cotton boxers (you know the bonds type)
    No friction burns, breathes well no problems in 10yeras
  3. leather undies :)
  4. im told a gstring works well ;)
  5. I use 80% silk long underpants I got from http://www.ivarna.com.au Great in this weather, but I'm yet to see how well they'll work when it gets hotter. But I imagine even in the heat they would feel nicer than sweaty leather against the skin.

Edit: oopsy, it should be http://www.ivarnasilk.com.au Sorry!
  6. i wear footless leggings

or footless ballet tights

actually at Myer they have footless stocking legging's
    in the hosery section upstairs

i was at knox city a few weeks back asking
    they were approx $25
  7. Tried that link and it didn't work .. did a Google search and came up with ..

HTH :)
  8. Personally, I'd go commando. Nothing like leather on bare skin! :shock:

Regards, Andrew.
  9. Go to your local gym supply or sports store and get a pair of Running Bare lycra 3/4 leggings. Don't worry that they're for ladies; they are the bees knees (groan) under leathers, or draggins for that matter. Plus in summer they soak up sweat and you don't have to worry about the lining of your leathers smelling like a school dressing shed....
  10. Ladies bah. All professional sportsters are wearing them lately. Rather be warm than macho!
  11. your GF old thick stockings worked well when I was working for a builder's in scotland, but it was freezing there most of the time.
    All the guys used to wear them and they reckoned it was the better than thermals as they where thinner.

In Scotland where men wear Skirts the stocking thing was never a masculine v femanine thing......it was "im hot, your not"

I got thermals but they hurt behing my legs under my leathers cos I got FAT legs. Makes my feet go numb when I stop at lights......
  12. Iwear a body stocking now.....works a treat!
  13. I wear underwear. It keeps the wind off from very important parts. :wink:
  14. I've seen riders at Track Days with the type of suit you mention. It is made of a wickable material that draws perspiration away from the skin.
  15. Leather underpants :eek:
  16. I have also just brought some leathers, and wore them for the first time today and know one thing right now, not bloody much is going to fit under them :shock:
  17. aha, you see, you should have thought about that before you purchased and made allowance for this. More properly the person who sold them to you should have advised you.....

{Are You Being Served: "Don't worry about the size, they'll ride up with wear." :LOL:}