Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What to do?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ursus, Aug 14, 2013.

1. I bought a Shark helmet couple of days ago. Unfortunately, after one trip to work it turned out to be too small. I know, I know, I should have paid more attention. The question now is: what do I do? The shop's policy is no returns or exchanges on helmets. Where can I sell it besides ebay?

2. it will loosen up with time, they all do
  3. +1 on it loosening up.
  4. You can relieve the areas that are pressing on you a bit by depressing the foam using a spoon or similar. Where are you feeling it most ?
  5. Call the shop. If they like you they may do an exchange.
  6. It is tight everywhere, including the scalp. During the ride it actually crept up so that the chin bar moved almost above the chin. The cheeks are also tight. It's just too small, and I should have paid more attention when trying it on.

The shop doesn't seem to like me. It's ok, I put it on ebay. If nobody buys it it will be a nice piece of decoration in my gym.
  7. Keep it for a smaller pillion if it doesn't sell
  8. if no one buys it online sell it at pawn shop, they'll buy anything albeit for (probably 1/3 of what it costs)