Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What to do or not to do?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Comet250r, Apr 23, 2006.

  1. Hey guys
    just a quicky i am on my ls and about to go down to the gong from north sydney, as that it is double points this tuesday i was wondering

    1. iam a learner restircited to 80kms, some parts of the highway is at 110km, am i aloud to do that speed limit on that part of the highway or not

    Just asking before i go cause it seems to me if i have to stick to 80km i would casue more trouble for every cager and other bikes around me, then if i was doing 110kms.

    tried to find it on the rta but just alot of crap no help at all,

    What would you guys do in my situation?It just pisses me off that, i feel that i can't leave my area and go for a proper rider until i am on my fulls.

    thanks guys
  2. AFAIK you have to do 80 in the 110 zones. May the hand of the good lord guide you safely :shock:

    Personally I'd take off the L plates for my own safety, that 80kph limit law in NSW has to be one of the most dangerous and stupid laws going around. :roll:
  3. I agree with dan take the plates of but leave some wire or zip tie so if you do get pulled over you can tell them it must have broken off it worked for me a few times :wink:
  4. Well there crappy paper plates i lost 5 in the past 2 days
  5. Thats what I used but once they fell off I didnt put them back unless I was told to :LOL: :LOL:
  6. thanks guys will do just hope that its a nice day first major all day ride.
    i feel like a little fat kid in a candy store lol :p

    any one else going for a ride on tuesday
  7. I know how you feel. I did my first out of town ride yesterday and about to go for another now and at a guess I will be out on tuesday.

    I have to work on my "concerntrating and smiling face" as my "concerntrating face" doesn't show how much fun I am having. :grin: :grin:
  8. The 80km/h limit hurts I know, but I see no reason to run the risk of losing a newly acquired license.

    If it really does pain you, go through the national park on the way down to Wollongong, you won't want to be doing any more than 80km/h there anyway! Plus you learn so much in there that you simply can't do on surburban roads.

    More fun that you can poke a god damn forest at as well!
  9. yea thats were i am going with a mate but to get to the park isn't their a highway that you have to go on? i don't know i will be following my mate so hense those really annoying questions..

    :shock: :shock:
  10. Are you going to do the park run heading south to Wollongong or on the way back to Sydney?
  11. From memory there is a stretch of the road that is marked 110km before you turn off to the Park, but it is pretty short. I'd suggest just suck it up and stick to 80km/h like a good boy... cops will be crawling all over the place!