Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

what to buy, Suzuki GSX 1250FA or ......

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by cheazdad, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Hi Folks,

the Suzuki 1250 FA (bandit with a skirt) is what I'm searching for at the moment but their like chicken lips for the dollars I'm looking to spend, so for a middle aged rider who wants a sports tourer (full tourers don't interest me) that can comfortably accommodate a passenger... what else is out there for around $7000 max ?

Not mad on the idea of buying a bike sight unseen from interstate and riding it home (what if it needs to be resprung as I'm 115 kg) and I'd prefer something no older than 2010.

Thanks in advance for any advice

2. Read this recent thread, may be useful...

<a href="Luring Mrs Hornet">Luring Mrs Hornet</a>
    • Like Like x 1
  3. #3 chilliman64, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  4. Thanks for that, to be honest after market fairings isn't something I'd even considered and the 1250 FA (bandit) looks to be a nice "easy" ride to get back into after a few years off the bikes with it's low down and fairly flat torque curve. Decisions decisions... But it needs to be faired and have a nice comfy back seat, where both getting to old to ride with our knees next to our chins.
  5. The Bandit's seat isn't renowned for being that comfortable for rider or pillion on long distance runs, so an aftermarket or better still a resculpted original seat might be required. Also the pillion rear foot pegs are a little high so if your partner is over 165cm these may need to be lowered, luckily there's a couple of tricks in how to do this inexpensively.

Head over to the Bandit forum, there's a for sale section plus lots of other tips. Suzuki Bandit / GSX1250 Forum Australia

BTW the later skirted 1250FA's have a slightly larger radiator and two electric fans, partially required as the fairing traps some of the engine heat. Having fitted lower fairing to my '07 1250 I can tell you it does run warmer than just the plain bikini version (I've also fitted a temperature gauge to mine).
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Save up another grand and get a ninja 1000 2010 +.