Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What time to Motorcycle Spots fill up in Sydney CBD?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by yammyxt600, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Hi Sydney Riders, i dont work in the city and very rarely venture in there, my question is, what time do the motorcycle spots fill up in the sydney CBD, i have to go to a seminar on Thursday at 199 George st (four seasons hotel) and have to be there at about 7.15-7.30am, so i thought the bike would be the easiest option. If i got there between 7 and 7.15 am will i be ok for a spot nearby in the proper legal bike spots. I found a map of spots and the closest ones are in curtin Place (6 spots) and Lang St (18 spots). Will this time be ok or should i aim to get there earlier?

Thanks for your help

2. not that i can help you on your time - but where did you get the map of the spots?
  3. If you got there around about 7am you will be fine.

It depends which way you are coming from but if you are coming from the south heading along George Street I find the best thing to do is go along Kent Street because there is lots of parking there, then if no luck, take a right at King Street (more parking there) then if still no luck continue up King to the courthouses.
  4. check out

5. thanks for the info, i will aim to get there at 7. i Will be coming from Victoria rd, anzac bridge, i will check out lang st as this seems to be close to where i have to go and there is a few spots there. I dont know how accurate the map i had is, can anyone confirm there is spots in lang st?

6. Yeah there are heaps of spots there - seems like at least 20 spots.
  7. Shrug, I used to pull into work at around 10 and only once ever had a problem finding a spot.
  8. thanks for that - THAT'S GOLD!!!!