Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

what the hell is this thing?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by MONKEYMAN, Oct 3, 2009.

1. i was just browsing bikesales, as one does...in the working poor category/pricerange...and it throws this thing out at me...it looks like something a ****ing smurf would drive...hell if i drove a pajero/landcruiser even i'd be tempted to nudge it into a ditch, just for shits and giggles...can you really register these things on the road now?

2. Its a scooter with a roof. D'uh

3. but a scooter has two wheels...the eggmobile has three wheels :deal:
    it's legit, first eggmobile to hit aussie roads> http://www.manhattanscooters.com.au/M3.aspx
    taken from site> "The M3 is equipped with a rocking mechanism that allows the rider to lean the cab from side to side when turning while the engine and rear wheels stay firmly planted on the ground. "
    ...tee hee, that would be fun
  4. Fun until it fell over because a B double went past it and created a draft.

I am struggling to figure out what the "roof" is for... It wouldnt stop wind or rain because tehre are no doors... and if you hit something its just going to hurt you...
  5. That is friggin' cool!
  6. That is a friggin' pile of shit.:cheeky:
  7. Didn't BMW build a concept like this a while back?
  8. That'd be the C1. Wasn't a concept, but an actual production machine and sold quite well in Europe. Had it (a) been sold in Oz and (b) had a bit more balls (say 500 cc rather than the 125 and 200 donks it actually came with), I'd have been up for one as a commuter. Safety cage, seat belts and all. Rider protection was sufficiently good that C1 riders were exempted from helmet laws in some countries and avoided police enforcement in others. Even without doors, weather protection/aerodynamics was as good as you're gonna get without full enclosure.

As for the machine shown in the OP, looks like a variation on the Ariel 3/Honda Lead theme that manufacturers have been playing around with for years.