Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What the Heck is THIS?????

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by hornet, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Stumbled across this, and although there's lots of info, none of SAYS anything!!

2. It started up a loooong time ago.. I even donated towards the cause at the time. Sadly he had to pull the pin but at least he returned all the 'members' contributions..

Having said that I haven't been to his site for ages so perhaps he's found new backers or something..?

Not much use anymore anyway as the motogp bikes are down to 800cc I think as of 2007.?

3. His V-8 sounded awesome when it was ridden around Phillip Island.
    For anyone who has met him, Drysedale is a very friendly down to earth person.
    His two wheel drive bike is a very strange example of aussie engineering.
  4. I think it was based on 2 yzf600 engines to start with.
  5. You may be correct, although I had for some reason thought that it was based on the cylinders and top end of two fzr 400's?
  6. The web-site where I got the link to the Drysdale site said the motor was 2 Yamaha 400cc engines joined at the crank, a la the Triumph Stag (car) engine.
  7. But hopefully with more rleiability than the Stag engine.

The best thing that can be said about the Stag engine was, "Oh deer."
  8. "Thanks folks, I'm here every Thursday. Try the veal!" :LOL:
  9. Yep I think you may be right with this engine.

The earlier design, before moto gp cam about, was just a v-8 road bike. Thats what may have been based on the 600
  10. D'OE !!
  11. Best sticker I've even seen on a car.

Morris 1800

"All the parts falling from this car were proudly made in England"
  12. OT, but since I brought it up in the first place, the donor engine for the Triumph Stag was a Saab.
    Anyway, back to the subject.....
    So it was a sad, still-born Aussie project, like the Clisby V6 Formula One engine in the sixties?