Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

what sort of gear should i get? Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by magpies03, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Me and my mate are about to go for our L's and get our first bikes are obviously have to get gear as well....

How much should we roughly should we pay on gear?
    What sort of gear should we get and which brands are good?

Can people help give me some ideas?

Thanks guys
  2. My advice, if you're just starting out, would be to look at getting some good quality Cordura gear first up. If it's got a removeable liner then it's usuable in all weather conditions and should protect you just as well as leather if you're keeping to the speed limit. Later on you can look at investing in some leathers but this way you'll also have the Cordura gear for the winter months or commuting. Obviously don't forget boots, gloves helmet etc. - you should be able to get fully kitted out in reasonable gear for around $1,000.
    Edit: If money's tight then this place sells gear that's cheap but still reasonably good quality (I've bought leathers, cordura pants and gloves from them and haven't had any problems).
  3. I hear the Hydro is good.
  4. Depends what sort of rider you're planning on being.

With a name like Magpies03, I'd suggest a pair of arseless leather chaps... ;)
  5. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  6. Be sure to get first and second gear. Third and fourth are useful too. If fifth comes with the purchase price, I'd say it is worthwhile getting it, but not if you have to pay extra.

Reverse is for wankers.
  7. I am very unhappy with my dririder boots and pants.
    I could NOT recommend them to anyone.

My Dririder Jacket is pretty good though.
  8. Why,why and why? :?
  9. Surprising about the boots. I like mine. Pants are okay, but the fit is lousy. But, yes the jacket is great.