Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What sort of fuel consuption should i expect ? '85 CBX250...

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by kazjim, May 22, 2005.

1. hey all, been riding a "loaner" CBX250 to work every day for the last 2 months.... (180Klm round trip)

I seem to put about 7 litres of fuel in it a day... so I'm guesstimating about 5L/Km ?

sound close to average for that model/similar ?

I'm also looking at buying (first!!yay!!) a Volusia or Shadow 800/750 ...
    They seem to be rated a very similar milage ! (7L/Km ish....)

So either the CBX is a drinker or the Volusia is a real miser ! - its 3 times larger and uses 1L/100km more !!

Thanks all, stay upright
  2. Oh my god!!!!

you should drive my car it would be cheaper.... and being V6 she likes a drop or two.....

3. i think you've mixed up your explanation a little, 7 litres to the kilometre :p
  4. Thats travelling @110 in sixth, at about 6k rpm ....

it certainly isnt happy...... BUT until i can get the cruiser, I'll continue to wring this little weasels neck... :)

5. Shit, stupid, stupid me........

been a long, long day and only a 1 klm ride......

6. Still think that's a bit heavy on the gas. I get about 30km/L or about 3.5L/100km. Admittedly, I'm riding a newer bike and fairly sedately but it is city driving which would possibly be less fuel efficient than your squirt along the freeway. I can still get a similar sort of consumption when freeway riding, providing there's not a headwind...:LOL:
  7. welll from back in the post, i cant quote but the gpx riders were sayin 3/100km on highway.....

eh i dunno, my bike is more accurate and closer to yours, but mine does suck up alotta petty..