Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What size Leather Race Suit do you take?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by oz-riley, Sep 8, 2006.

?
  1. Euro 50

100.0%
  2. Euro 52

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Euro 54

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Euro 56

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Euro 58

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Euro 60

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. What size Leather One piece race suit do you take?

I take a Eur 58 in a Two Piece and was told that in a one piece you should get one size larger which would be a Eur 60.

I wanted to get a Dainese KIRISHIMA One piece and was told that the distributor only imports sizes 52 to 56 because there is no call for bigger sizes, now I am not a small guy but I have seen many other blokes on bikes much bigger than me.

I am interested to know if there is a bigger demand for the larger sized suits than the distributor thinks.

Now I am sure all you skinny arsed buggers will think this is a great thread to hank Sh%& on the fatties but try to play nice now :cool:

2. cant vote. Gotta Euro 48.
    I have seen dainese suits in euro 59 in melbourne

3. My size isn’t listed SM
    Small Marquee!
    :rofl:

4. I'm a big bloke, but I didn't think I was THAT bloody lard-arsed until I tried to buy leathers.

Size 60 in IXON, RJAYS, all the euro and american brands = forget it. Not a chance. It's depressing. I've tried 'em all. I can get heaps of cordura stuff, all sorts of all weather gear, but no leathers will fit me. Bastard!

5. I have no idea what my size is. I just went to the Tiger Angel factory in West Melbourne, had them measure me up and make a custom fit suit just for me. Since I was a returning customer they waived the custom fit charge for me.

Basically if Tiger Angel can't fit a suit to you, you're not human, and that even goes for Loz above. He should give them a try. Really. They are a little pricey, but you will appreciate the quality of their gear when they do exactly what they're supposed to do when you're sliding down a road. My last Tiger Angel set went down the road twice in 10 years, and I only had to replace them 'cos the suit got cut off me in the last accident otherwise they probably would've lasted me another 10 years.

My motto is to buy quality always. It may cost a little more upfront, but you'll never regret it because a quality item will outlast 3 cheaper items.

6. Cathar is right in what he says.

Tiger Angel have a very high reputation for quality, and a tailored suit is always better then off the shelf.

I wear a 54 which seems to be the right height for me but has way too much slack around the midriff, used to fit well all over but I've toned up alot in the last 6 months , now its baggy in all the wrong places hehe.

7. I'll tke the size Pedrosa wears! He's got the sexiest ar*e in leathers on the circuit so wouldn't mind catching him out of them!!!! pmsl!!

8. Thumbelina ? :? Girl you are a FREAK!

9. Maybe we need to have a Netrider's "Biggest Loser"??

I can be the trainer if anyone's interested.

10. How come there's no option for below 50 or above 60? I wear a size 46 :grin:

11. I went for Tigerangel's custom fit. Fit like a glove. :grin:

12. Where's the custom fit option? ;)