Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What size are Ventura rack bolts/screws?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Ariseno, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Hey fellow riders, I've got a problem. ](*,)

I have a ventura rack on my 2006 Vtr 250 but the two bolts that secure the rack to the L-bracket are missing. When I ride with the rack on it always almost slips out completely. So my question is what size bolt should I buy from bunnings? :-s

I should have asked the seller of my bike for the securing bolts but she's left] Australia and I didn't think of it because I'm a noob bike rider.( 3 weeks now)

Any comments are appreciated. =D>

2. Wow thanks Bobcat for the info. I could not wait so I went to Bunnings and purchased
    6M bolts. They fit perfectly, I must see if they stay in though. I'll keep the reference in mind if my bolts fail.

3. Use a nut on the bolt to work as a lock nut then they wont come undone,
  4. no worries! as long as it's holding things together tight that's all you need!
  5. hey bobcat, just picked up a rack on the cheap for my bike but need the bolts...have said 6m bolts you've purchased stood the test of time ?
  6. Bit of blue lock-tight and you'll be fine..........

Don't use red
  7. Per the above, note though that the blue threadlock from loctite comes in a red bottle lol.
  8. We use all sorts of threadlocks at work.
    At one time, we had Blue 'Locktight' in a red bottle & a different brand, Red in a blue bottle!!!
    Confusing to say the least!!! :-s