Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What should I do with a duplicate ad?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by OZChris, Nov 28, 2009.

  1. Hi All

    I have placed my bike on various sites to try and sell it, this week I have received half a dozen questions about the bike relating to an ad (using my pictures and word) someone else has put up (with a different contact number - which rings out).

    Questions vaying from:
    - questioning my ownership (since the other ad is NT based and I am in VIC - yet the bike has VIC reg, the latest ad is VIC based supposedly)
    - questioning payment terms and such

    Thankfully, there have been a few 'questions' that have let me know about the ad, and I thank those people.

    What should I do?

  2. Contact the site, and let them know. This is a very typical kind of scam.
  3. if you've got some photo editing software place a watermark of your email addy on the photo's you upload.
  4. +1 to the above two comments.
    paintshop/photoshop would help you there. There are loads of other freeware photo editing softwares as well.

    lol, people actually pay money to scam these days :p
  5. its fraud so try the plod


    Report online fraud

    If you are a victim of online fraud you should report it to your local police, who should:

    * take a report of the crime, identifying relevant offence(s) under state legislation.
    * compile any relevant victim and witness statements.
    * take copies of relevant documentation.
    * consider capturing electronic evidence. Your local law enforcement agency has a specialist area to assist with this consideration and any requirements.
    * conduct any relevant checks relating to suspect information and include an investigation file.
    * compile a cover sheet detailing the investigation conducted and requesting any further investigation.
    * transfer the file to the appropriate agency with jurisdiction relating to the suspect.

    You will need to ensure that you preserve any electronic evidence relating to the matter, including emails and any relevant computer logs. If you can, please copy this information to a CD or DVD and take it to the police station when you report the matter.

    The AHTCC recommends that you print out the above advice and present it to your local police when you report the matter.

    though I can't see the local coppers being useful. maybe crimestoppers or accc?