Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What should I be paying?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by boo81, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Hope someone will be able to give me an idea on this one. I thinking about buying a bike, but with a budget.

Here's the details on the one I'm looking at.

1999 GSX-R600, around 22,000kms, Arrow Sport Pipe, Redlines at 13,000 RPM
    Issues: needs a front tyre, and has a small oil leak since last service (suspect rocker cover gaskit)
    Includes - solo bikini seat cover and pillion seat, original Suzuki Exhaust Pipe
    Condition: Immaculate

So what do you experts out there think something like this is worth? I've had a look on redbook and bikesales for similar bikes etc, but just thought I would get some 'real world' opinions.
    Thanks in advance :)

2. Hiya Ben :)

Welcome back...So you talked the boss around??

Talk soon

Nige

3. I don't know about the bike, but...Redbook is useless, absolutely does not reflect real-world prices. You're right to go by the classifieds; also this site is good http://www.ausbikeprices.com/

4. AUS-ESP - yeah maybe... we will see ;)

mattb - thanks for the link. good list of bikes!

5. Glass guide was over $1000 difference from redbook in their valuation of my bike recently when i had it written off.