Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

..{what}-rider?? Moto..-{what}??

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by hornet, Dec 5, 2005.

1. So from Lake's Entrance to Southbank the rain was either falling or coming in horizontal on Friday afternoon. Not to mention spray from numerous trucks, etc.

Night-rider, booga, two-up and kraven all had some variation of the above, and before the trip was even a third over were soaked.

I rode down from Wollongong in leathers, and when it started to rain, I put on my cheap $49 plastic pants and my cheap $53 plastic jacket, and was as dry as dust when we got to Southbank. Ditto on the way home Saturday, between Berwick and Orbost.

So what is the gear supposed to do, and if it doesn't why does it cost so much??
  2. That is a good question. My jacket worked quite well but my pants were woeful. My crutch, inside legs and bottom of legs were soaked. Damn non sealed seams!!
  3. I have found having a Winter and Summer Dri Rider and leather pants with plastic throwovers have been perfect.

Mostly use the cordura jackets for either protection of wind or to get some fresh air in summer.

4. My apologies folks, I didn't remember that this subject had been ventilated so recently, (curse this alzheimer's)