Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What race tracks have you ridden on?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by Johnny O, Oct 1, 2006.

1. I was just thinking about the circuits that I've raced/ridden on, was wondering what others have done? I've done....

Phillip Island - Vic
    Winton - Vic
    Calder - Vic
    Sandown - Vic
    Broadford - Vic
    Oran Park - NSW
    Eastern Creek - NSW
    Bathurst - NSW
    Surfers Paradise - QLD
    Lakeside - QLD
    Mallala - SA
    Mount Gambier - SA
    Wanneroo - WA
    Hidden Valley - NT
    Simmons Plains - Tas
    Baskerville - Tas
    Isle of Man TT circuit - Isle of Man
    Snetterton - UK
    Brands Hatch - UK
    Mallory Park - UK
    Daytona - Florida USA
    Hallett - Oklahoma USA
    Motorsport Ranch - Fort Worth Texas USA

2. Name Dropper!
    :rofl:

3. Grand Prix Traning Centre - south morang
    AusCarts - Port Melbourne
    and great western horse racing track ;)

hey they count!!! :rofl:

4. Good start Es :wink: You've got many more to come.

5. Who me?!!! Surely you must be mistaken?; they don't call me 'O Show' for nuthin lol :wink:

6. +1 for the Grand Prix Training Track in Sth Morang

I'm still having visions of turn 4 in my sleep :p

7. sapphire speedway in my work-ute :LOL:

10 hotlaps, it was hilarious :rofl:

8. Where is that? Sounds like fun :grin:

9. moruya nsw.
    i think they have a site, dunno.
    i think its officially called Surfair Speedway, but it will always be sapphire speedway to me :LOL:

we were sealing their pitt area so nobody was around except for my workers, it really was a blast to get the long wheelbase rodeo full lock doing about 75-80 ;)

10. Home of the late great Jack Hogg, a speedway legend in the commentaty box, and sadly missed....

Sometime in the 70s, Oran Park on an RD-400 Yamaha two stroke. It was the shop demonstrator for a dealership in the Hunter Valley and it wasn't supposed to be beign raced :roll:

And also in the 70s, a few laps around 'our own' circuit, Macarthur Park in Canberra

But that's another story altogether

11. Home of the late great Jack Hogg, a speedway legend in the commentaty box, and sadly missed....

Sometime in the 70s, Oran Park on an RD-400 Yamaha two stroke. It was the shop demonstrator for a dealership in the Hunter Valley and it wasn't supposed to be being raced :roll:

And also in the 70s, a few laps around 'our own' circuit, Macarthur Park in Canberra

But that's another story altogether

12. Baskerville's (Tas) rear downhill section on a billycart, apart from that no track riding yet!

13. Just Sandown and Phillip Island for me. Did a trainign ride at Sandown and one of the tasks was to ride the track without braking (instructor behind you). The idea was to get me to corner smoothly with the bike settled.

14. Does Playstation count?
    I've ridden and crashed on most of the worlds tracks..... I like crashing on playstation .... no pain .. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Only other one was Phillip Island ..

does the Barry Sheehan ride count .. ??

15. Phillip Island - Vic
    Brands Hatch - UK
    Donington Park - UK
    Thruxton - UK
    Silverstone - UK
    IOM
    Teretonga - NZ
    Levels - NZ
    A few motocross tracks in NZ.

16. havent ridden, but ive driven around baskerville.. i think it'd be a bit intimidating to come up the hill turn a blind corner (as you get over the rise, the corner pretty much drops out from underneath you into a 90 degree left hander into the hill as mentioned)

17. Sandown - On Pushbike
    Bathurst - Pillion (I was only 14)

18. So Johnny how about a thread on tracks you've crashed at considering your current situation :rofl: :bolt:

Although, seriously if you haven't dropped your bike you're just not trying to find it's limits :shock:

19. Ok, tracks I've crashed at...

Phillip Island - 4 times
    Broadford - 2
    Calder - 2
    Winton - 5
    Wanneroo - 1
    Baskerville - 1
    Snetterton - 1
    Arthurs Seat - 1

As you can see, the further away from home I race, the safer I ride :wink:

20. But you've raced more at the 3 Vic tracks lately and but doesn't both Winton & PI have a few spots which catch out riders more than Broadford??

Mind you I knew when you were about to go out on the track at the Vic Champ round at Winton earlier this year as the Race control building started shaking as you idled out front :shock: