Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What pipes fit FZR 250?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by GtTwoFiddyR, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Hey all, not sure if this is the right section to ask, but here goes...

does anybody know if any pipes from other bikes fit the FZR 250? i have the 2kr model, with the 1 peice pipe, and cant find anything to fit... and does anybody know if the fzr 1000 header pipes will fit the 250? cheers...

2. The correct place would be FZR250.com but in here it would be modifications,

Anywho, quick answer no the fzr1000 headers will not fit the fzr250 at all, you can though make any 250 pipe or even 600 pipe fit.

What you have to think about is that the fzr250 needs a lot of back pressure to keep the horsepower output, so anything large like 600, 1000 designed pipes will be loud but strip you of power and lean out your engine (if you don't increase the size of the injectors) and blow your exhaust valves.

If i was you and needed a new muffler i would get one of the cbr250 ones off ebay and modify it to fit.

If i needed a complete exhaust system i would source it off fzr250.com or findapart.com.au, or if i had money coming out of my orifices i would get a complete custom made one, which will increase horsepower up the top of the rev range but, decrease the horsepower down low in the rev range as it would eliminate the yamaha inner exhaust throttle valve.

Cheers