Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

what our media want tell us

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by D Stump, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Has anyone noticed what is going on in the US at the moment (different country, but not dissimilar system)? They are in the middle of one of the most definitive elections in American history. If the democrats win either chamber (very likely) Bush could be forced to resign, and or face criminal charges. Of course, this isn’t getting any coverage in the media here.

Bush and the neo-cons were all so poorly paid.

2. he can only serve two terms anyway, or is this the senate elections ?

3. US has a presidential form of govt. Different from Australia.

Why would he face criminal charges anyway? Is it for going after the muslim lunatics?

4. Did Clinton face criminal charges over Whitewater??? Did Nixon face criminal charges over Watergate? Why then would President Bush face criminal charges over no criminal activity?

5. Heinz tells me the charges are for 'wiretapping and spying'

6. At least three statutary bodies in the US have almost unrestricted rights to 'wire-tap and spy'. This is nothing new, and since it is sanctioned by their legislation and their courts, it's hard to imagine how the President could be prosectuted for being the titular head of the organisations engaged in it.

7. well if you find out before i do let me know