Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What movies have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Nug-Nugget, Feb 10, 2011.

1. What movies have you seen lately? **NO SPOILERS**

I just watched "The Fighter" and it was f**king awesome. I can't recommend it enough. The best movie I've seen in a long time.

Also watched "Boy", a comedy from New Zealand. Bloody hilarious and a great movie also. I highly recommend that too.

Black Swan - Probably won't be everybody's cup of tea, it wasn't really mine but there were some good bits and it was well made. The main reason I watched it was because it was directed by Darren Aronofsky.

What do you guys recommend?
  2. Tangled. Very funny animation :)

I've got about 50 movies to catch up on that I've missed over the past 6 months (no cinemas in my town or close by).

I also wish to see Tron! Looks awesome!!

I'd love to see Black Swan... we'll see.
  3. I'm keen to watch true grit
  4. Watched the Black Swan yesterday........Gold Class in the city baby :p so got drunk and watched some very interesting sex scenes, laughed at the funny old man in the train, laughed at the mother in the room, and confused for the rest of the movie. Busting all the way through.
  5. We saw True Grit in Gold Class last week. I love the original and couldnt see how this one would beat it but I was very surprised, it was really great. They stuck to most of the original dialogue except they changed the ending!!!!!!!
  6. True Grit was OK, found the ending a bit sad. The fighter was great, Bale was great.
  7. romper stomper. Loved it, particularly the part where crowe gets destroyed by the viet's.
    Unstoppable. Not bad, I was a bit apprehensive at first, but it was entertaining.
    Wedding Crashers
    The Number 23 - good but a bit far fetched.
    Scott Pilgrim - excellent
    Red - ok
    Inside man - excellent
    Prince of Persia - entertaining
    Lucky Number Slevin - great, watch it heaps.
    How to train your dragon
    Book of Eli - very good
    The A-team
    Wall Street - quite exceptional
    Sleuth - Excellent

Few others I can't really recall.
  8. just finished watching ep 1 of boardwalk empire... made for tv but really very good...
  9. Just watched the first few episodes of Bobs Burgers, new tv series, I think its a refreshing change and its pretty darn funny
  10. I really want to see True Grit and 127 Hours.
    I watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotleess Mind again last weekend. Seen it a few times but always enjoy it.
  11. I just watched True Grit. It wasn't as good as I was expecting but it wasn't bad. Eternal Sunshine is one of my all time favourites =D>
  12. I really really hated that movie. I just couldn't pick why.
  13. mine too

I think kaufman movies are like that, you either love them or hate them.
  14. hmm. maybe. Part of it is I'm not a huge fan of Jim Carey. But I think the biggest part is that he ditched his current GF in a moment to hook up with some home wrecker at a whim and then cried like a broken puppy when that relationship went to pieces. People who do that aren't worth a pinch of piss.

Yeh, actually i've worked out why I hated that movie so much.
  15. I saw Tommy Wiseau's "The Room" last saturday night at Nova and can honestly say I haven't laughed that hard in a movie.

"Oh hai denny..."
  16. Best movie I've seen for a long while on DVD has to be Salt with Angelina Jolie. Action packed with nice little twists all the way.
  17. oh has anyone seen the movie about facebook? fictional mixed with fact.. i really wanna see it.

also must sees for me that i've not yet seen: 127 hours, eat pray love, gullivers travels, megamind, the tourist and about 100 others.
  18. Tron Legacy & Tron Legacy 3D on imax.
    Last nast watched Valley of the Wolves: Palestine with my dad at the pictures.
  19. Black Swan - favourite movie so far for 2011... first time in a long time I've exited the cinema and not been able to think about anything else...

True Grit - Good but not great. Wasn't too fond of the girl main char but it's probably just me. Definately rate this film, but.

The Kings Speech - Great film, not really into old people dramas though I made an exception for this one cause I heard such good things about it. Didn't get bored.