Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What motorbike?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by snowdonx, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Hello netriders

New to the forum.

If you wanted a motorbike with no fuel-injection and very simple electrics what would you get that is new, or what would you get that is 2nd hand assuming you can't get anything new with simple electrics.
  2. Welcome Aboard
  3. A pit bike!!

Welcome to the 2 wheeled nut house!
  4. Pre-1993 Triumph - no fuel injection and an electrical system that is simple and even works occasionally :LOL:
  5. Probably a DRZ400SM.
    Can't get much simpler than a single-cylinder dirtbike.
  6. CT110.

Simple, reliable and technically available new (just not to the public). The engine components are also of higher quality than the Chinese knockoff versions of the same motors (all the 4 stroke 50cc pit bikes, through to 140 cc giants, or even the Sachs 50 and 125 MadAss bikes are all derivatives or copies of the venerable 50-110 OHC Honda singles).

Of course, I'm biased, as I've got a few CT110 posties in pieces in the garage, awaiting a rebuild.
  7. Welcome! how long is a piece of string?

What kind of bike are you after? i.e Trail, naked, faired etc.

What's your budget?

What capacity bikes are you looking at? Are you on a restricted license?