Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What levers are the right one?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by chuchu91, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Some of you might know i have a megelli 250r. I was looking and interested in getting some break and clutch levers. How do i know which one to get what are the different ones.

Megelli is a new brand and most companies don't have ones written on their site yet but can i use any other bikes one?

What are the differences though is it the size of the cables that go in or different size bolt etc.?

2. Important differences are the size of the hole for the pivot, and where it's located. You've also got other factors such as brake light switches and whether the lever will hit the bars (ie how curved is it).

There is some compatibility between the Japanese brands (I used to run Yamaha levers on a Suzuki for example), so with any luck Megelli have just copied something available off the shelf. Best option is to simply take whatever lever you want to replace into a bike shop (remove it out front of the shop if need be) and see if they have anything that matches.

3. "What levers are the right one?"

That would be the brake.

:rofl:

Sorry, couldn't resist that.

What jd said above.