Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What lams cruiser should i get ..sumoto mistake :(

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by khristianw, Mar 23, 2015.

1. so being a stuipd new rider i did the dumb thing i brought a bike without looking here and i went to sumoto...... well mistake, i brought a vlx 400 bobber 8,200 dollers later i picked it up 2 days ago and it was great rode around and i love it however my uncle who is a long time rider came around and noticed that the front forks werre leaking from the seal and a bunch of other things so yeah great... now im starting again looking for a cruiser somthing bigger like a 600 or 650 what do you guys suggest and were should i get it bobberd or any advice

2. XVS650.
    They're popular for a reason.

Blue Collar Bobbers do kits for them.

3. thanks man

4. So what happened with the Vlx400, Did you sell it, Did Sumoto take it back? Did they repair it?

5. Just get the fork seal done, way cheaper than a new bike.

6. lol

7. going to take it back tomorrow once i get it fixed my dad will buy it off me and i will get a 650 xvs the 400 is abit small for me anyhow will let you know if they fix it or they offer a money back

8. once i get it fixed my dad will buy it off me and i will get a 650 xvs the 400 is abit small for me anyhow so it is a win win

• Like Like x 1
  9. How old was the bike? If it's less than 10 years old, you have a 3 month warranty from a dealer.

You won't get them all fixed, but you might have enough leverage to get some of them fixed.

10. This sort of thing happens all to often, it's why Sumoto and other similar shops never go out of business.

Good luck with the warranty request, I hope it all works out. What's your dad going to do with the 400?