Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What LAMS bike has the best resale?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by luke4224, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Looking at a second bike as my wife has gotten her license and we want to ride together. I only have until next April on restrictions so want something that I can get now and sell in April without loosing too much.

The budget is $4500, I'll be doing a mix of highway and city riding daily. I'm 6'2' and 90kg.

I've been riding a 2011 CBR250 for the last 6 months and it has been fine (not great on the highway). At the moment i'm looking at either an 05-08 GS500 or an 08-09 Ninja 250. These two seem to be pretty popular and I have found some reasonable examples around $4500.

What do people think?

2. GS500 would be ideal for your body height and weight - a 250 single would not be as suited, especially when highways are involved. They are cheap to maintain (and simple to do a lot of the maintenance yourself, get a Haynes manual off Ebay) and very reliable.
  3. I second the gs500. Easy to ride and go ok on the open road.
  4. Postie bike you make money if you buy it at auction.