Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What is this on the Z750 Kawasaki?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by dave_vic_ozz, Dec 11, 2010.

1. stepperkawasakiz750.

Folks slooooowly building a hill climber and forgot what I took off the bike and where it cam from.

Kawasaki Z750 and it is a cam that operates something but I cannot see where it goes.

I don't have a complete frame and I cannot see what it operates.

Any clues?

Dave D.

My guess is somewhere near here.
    inletkawasakiz750.

2. I would say it's a "thingy". You bolt it onto the "thingamejig" and plug it into the "doovalackie"!

Good luck. I'm sure someone here will be able to refresh your memory.

3. butterfly valves for your exhaust?

4. Kickstand sensor?

5. it upside down.

If you turn it up the right way you will see its just another useless cosmetic addon made by Nike.

6. It does look like some sort of throttle position sensor. what's the other side look like?

Roughly how big is it?

Probably goes roughly horizontally in the second photo

7. Leave it off. If the bike still works it's unnecessary weight :D.

But seriously, it could be a TPS.

8. methinks its the exhaust valve operating valve thingy..or an air intake valve operating thingy. Can you find an exploded diagram of the engine?

9.  Top
  10. Hi Dave, Taipan from OzClubbies here in my alternate identity. Can you start and run the engine? If the engine runs without any issue then I'd say the item may not be necessary. But I'd agree that if you could take a pic from a couple of different angles it might be easier to work out what it does. (ps that's why I mark what everything is and where it goes :p )

Cheers,
    Phil

11. exhaustbutterflyactuator1.

Looks like the exhaust control if I had it.

Thans for the tips. Thanks to Osiris. :)

I will try it mounted in fresh air.

Dave D