Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What is this called?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by shidoran, Feb 10, 2014.

  1. crankcase cover?
  2. peace of cast aluminium ?
  3. So what is the electrical bit? I'm assuming once I know what it is, it will be the "whatever it is called" cover.
  4. It's called Timmy the Timing case cover.
  5. signal generator cover
  6. Flux-capacitor housing "cover"
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Big nut cover, also known as the Codpiece.
  8. Yeh I didn't need the smartarse remarks but thanks to those who actually helped.

    I'm out of troll food today, sorry to disappoint.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. any time mate glad to be of help
  10. I can see myself going into the bike shop and trying to order a codpiece, just for the "dafuq? :alien: " look I'd get, but I'd still ask for a timing cover or ignition pick up cover after that.
  11. It's either points or a hall effect sensor. I'm leaning towards the latter but I don't know much about bike electricals.
  12. Yeh neither do I that's why I'm asking. The signal generator cover seems to be a winner for the moment.
  13. Just call it a timing cover, they should know what you mean. It is a hall effect sensor that tells the engine management where the pistons are in there rotation and when to fire the spark for each cylinder.
  14. Yes, it's a Timing cover, that's why it's called Timmy. No one listens to me!
  15. raging got it right...

    go to either of the links I put up and see for yourself
  16. I agree with jazzfan :)