Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What is this bike worth ?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by basejumper, Feb 17, 2015.

1. My mates tell me that these bikes are quite rare and collectible now. What do u think its worth ? I know nothing about the value of these "collector" bikes. Thanks
    1991 zxr 750
    20000 klms
    Good condition ?

Attached Files:

2. Its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
    I reckon $4000
  3. How much are you/they asking? My OH is a ZXR nut
  4. My mates asking $8000
  5. In the immortal words of Daryl Kerrigan........
    • Funny Funny x 3
  6. Redbook has them as:

Private Prices $2,900 - $3,500
    Trade In Prices $1,900 - $2,300

They were only about 10k when new. Everybody thinks their bike is worth more than it is.
  7. I'll give him 2 jousting sticks.

There are very few truelly collectable bikes. the best you can usually hope for is them holding their value after falling in value for the first 15 years.

I'd probably give him $3k for it, but those ks are low, so maybe $3500. $8k would get you are much later 1000 of any manufacturer and they are both qicker and easier to ride quicker.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I've seen the Bikersploitation film ;) Very corny.

9. It's not rare enough to be 'collectible' in my book but that doesn't mean it wouldn't sit nice in some persons bike collection.

If it was me looking for a faired early sports bike I'd be searching for a GSXR750RR (yes with 2 Rs) or an RC30 or perhaps a CBR1100R.
  10. I thought it was a piss-take at first. That's unreal! I've got to see that.

And Ed Harris hasn't aged since.
  11. Looking at what seems to have happened to early GSXR values, I'd say that the next generation of supersports (including the ZXR) will be following them upwards. Not yet though, so $8k is way over the top for a bike old enough to vote.

12. I found that bikes appearance offensive, so in my opinion it not worth anything.

if I were colour blind i'd say 3-4k tops and the seller might even be waiting a while for that.