Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What is the KLE500 in other markets?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Rybky, Jun 17, 2008.

1. I am sure I was told by someone, might have been the dealer that sold me the bike, that the KLE500 was sold in other countries under a different model name. I have not been able to find any reference to this on the web. I know in Europe it is the KLE500 so maybe it was the US that was different?

Does anyone know if the KLE was sold under a different model name and what it was?

2. I don't know, as the model is end of life. A quick squiz at the US site shows pretty much the same models that are sold here. They only list the KLR 650, Versys and KLX 205S under dual purpose
  3. Yeah, just been looking at the US site too, even under the option for owners manuals for all previous models it does not look like the US ever had a 500cc dual purpose bike.

Might have to email the sales guy I dealt with to see what he was talking about!

4. does it matter?
  5. Yes if you own a KLE and are trying to find an accessory for it.
  6. True, it'd be nice to have a good source for spares for that time of need.

I'm glad I bought a Ventura rack for mine, hate riding with backpacks and bulky jackets with armour.
  7. What are you looking for?

8. Was hoping to pick up a second hand center stand if I could, $270 + postage for a new one is a bit steep.
  9. Keep an eye on ebay.

Otherwise do your tax return and get a new one. It is worth it IMHO.