Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What is the best tyre for cbr600 rr

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by randy_andy, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

As per some of your advise, i will be servicing the bike and getting new tyres in preparation for a track day at PI. Quick question, what are the best tyres for a CBR600 RR, mostly for commuting but a track day on occassion? And does in matter if the rear and front tyres are not the same brand?

2. I'll give u a bump for this randy, as im interested as well
  3. I would recommend the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT or Metzeler M3's. They are both good for road and trackdays. The Power 2CT's and M3's are dual compound: that is they have a harder compound in the middle of the tyre (which lasts longer for commuting) and a softer compound on the edges (which is stickier for cornering on trackdays/twisties).

Yes, get both front and rear same brand and model tyre.
  4. Personally, I'd go against the 2CT's for track days. I'm only on a Z750, and I was tearing the rear Power2CT to bits as they were too soft once the temperature went up a bit...

I've gone back to a standard Power on the rear for summer and track days, and in Winter I'll start using the 2CT's again. (However, I have left the 2CT on the front, but it's not going to last long either).

As for the M3's, PM Z900 - he's an M3 fanatic, and knows exactly how they hold up..

A good compromise for trackdays AND commuting is going to be tough to find.
  5. Supercorsa front, corsa rear is a great combination for a bit of life but plenty of sticky goodness.
  6. Pirelli Diablo Corsa III, front and rear, for that sort of duty.

If you get the Supercorsa's though, and they are a great track-day tyre, make sure you get the street compound, and not the "Special Compound" versions. Just ask your tyre fitter for the same tyres that go on the Triumph Daytona 675, or the Ducati 848, as stock. The special compound versions will heat-cycle (gradually lose their grip) as they're a softer race rubber and are really meant for weekend race meets and then tossed away after that (hence the special compound name).

Metzeler M3's are the other choice.

At the track, use 30psi front and rear. When on the road commuting, use 42r/38f PSI, for the best combination of longevity and grip.
  8. :shock: :? [-(
  9. imo pilot power's are the only way to go. wouldnt put anything else on my bike.