Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What is "Streetfighter"

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by VBman, Nov 2, 2008.

1. I see the word streetfighter used a lot to describe a bike?

What does it mean.
  2. A stripped down version of the original bike with some trick parts.
    Many streetfightered bikes are ones that were fully faired and the owner took off the fairings, changed the bars, headlights etc to give it a more "streetfighterish" look.
    There are also ready made streetfighters such as the triumph speed triple etc.
    it may help to google images of streetfighters to give you a better idea.

3. A man-bike.
  4. Loz does that mean if you streetfighter an Across.. then you have a homo-bike?
  5. Actually a lot of early streetfighters came about after a minor incident left the owner with a F#@RKIN HUUUUUUGE BILL to replace an entire fairing just because some IDJIT W%@#ER knocked my bike over because he got his licence from a packet of Wheaties and doesn't know how to parallel park. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

And yes, I'm still slightly annoyed by it. :evil:
  6. I thought originally streetfighters were started by guys chasing the fastest, lightest bikes. They'd get the most powerful bikes thay could find (usually faired sportsbikes) and strip out as much weight as they could. This would include removing fairings, cutting down the tail and fitting smaller mufflers etc.
  7. gooooooogle it you lazy lazy man.
  8. Not really, Metricryder is right there.

Stripping fairings to go faster is as a funny idea, aerodynamics will make up for the weight no problems. Good example is blackbirds, power very very similar but in top speed they will own my fireblade because they are so aerodynamic.
  9. True, faired will be faster at high speeds. Maybe what I should have said was accelerate faster (at real world speeds)? But with these sort of bikes a sprocket change will make the weight saved by the fairings negligible with respect to acceleration. Anyway, weight savings was the story I was told.
  10. Wikipedia

Does anyone actually read a whole thread?
  12. They're just ugly unfixed bikes, kk?
  13. LOL crap oops
  14. First rule about streetfighters...

Don't talk about streetfighters!
  15. Why hide behind fairing.
    I think streetfighters and naked bikes look awsome.
    Why hide the heart and soul of a motorcycle.
    So free your bike, strip it of it's fairing let it be free.

There you go, theres my hipie side coming out.
  16. A street fighter has been known to be Ryu who was well known to follow up a hadoken with a shoryuken :p :LOL:
  17. Ken vs Ryu my Uppercut will pwnt ur Hadokan.
    Anotherone who doesn't read the whole thread!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: