Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What is next bike in capacity from Spada?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by flashfire, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Help! I can't see the forest for the trees! I can't believe how many bikes are out there :shock:

I know it's a silly question, and if I looked hard enough I would probably find the answer, but I am so confused at the moment. Just wondering, what is the next bike up in terms of capacity from the Spada? Spada are only 250's, yeah?

Am looking at a LAMS approved bike that's not too expensive, and is over 250cc. So far the Suzuki GS500 is the only one that has appeared in my price braket of <$5200.

Thanks. :)
  2. kawasaki ER5

bandit 400

xjr 400

if i was you, i'd go for one of the 4cyl 400 bikes. they've got some serious punch for the size of the motor and handle just the same as a 250. my GF has an XJR400 and its a friggen RIPPER of a bike, cant praise it enuff eh :D
  3. Thanks for that Coconuts. I like the look of Malissa's XJR :) The seat height looks appropriate for me too.

Your bike looks nice too!
  4. i was thinking "WTF, how does ya know malissa???" for a second there. then i realised i have a link to that page i made in my sig..... DUHHHHH :LOL: :LOL:

yeah, ripper of a bike, same with the bandit too tho. the bandit uses the same frame on the 250 and 400 just changes the motor and brakes. the earlier bandit (pre 94) is smaller than the later one and about the same as the XJR. great bikes the both of them and i'm pretty certain they're learner legal in NSW. look it up b4 u buy one tho eh :wink:

oh, just remembered another one, the honda bros. its basically a 400cc spada from memory, small vtwin....
  5. hehehe. I knew I'd get you with the Malissa thing :) Yep - nice photos; helpful to clueless people like me.

6. Spadas are great bikes, i used to own one. They were only produced in one year and there is only one capacity (250cc), I would go with a vtr250 in your situation.

good luck
  7. Coconuts - you're right. It is called a Bros. I don't think I could possibly ride something called bros! Would be too hard to swallow. :LOL:
    geddit? Geddit!? hehe.