Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What is it with chefs and motorbikes?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Josheos, Sep 14, 2015.

1. I'm a chef of 4 years and started riding a few years ago, my housemate is also an ex chef who has an sv650, what is it with chefs and motorbikes? Gordon Ramsey? Gary mehigan? Idk I've just found it a common thing amongst us that 8/10 of us ride

2. Just antisocial bastards.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. stick it up your exhaust middo!

we are connoisseurs of all things life, we like the good things, hence two wheels, among other things.

4. Who can't take a joke. Come in spinner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Eat to ride
    Ride to eat!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Because Motorbikes, like gourmet food can only be appreciated by connoisseurs.

People who understand the finer point of things and life in general. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. #7 mike8863, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    Meehan, Ramsey, ColumBSartist, et all...they're not chefs, just self obsessed naracsistic arseholes..

after 3yr apprenticeship and 10 years in the trade I quit mostly because of arseholes like these .....
    who needs em'

Still like my food though, as evidenced by my ample girth...lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hahaha.

Could you imagine the road rage from a fully suited up Gordon Ramsay after being cut off by a car in peak hour traffic!

9. Ex-chef here - can confirm a lot of chefs I worked with also rode bikes. When you're doing 18 hour shifts for two weeks in a row, you need that escape haha.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It makes sense if you think about it, I mean, what biker doesn't love to eat?

11. work late nights and most weekends. Don't have much of a social life.

can get out on the roads of a weekday when there's no weekend warriors.

• Agree Agree x 2