Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What is it they want to silence? Updates

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by pro-pilot, Feb 3, 2008.

1. This has not appeared much in our media.

For the third time in a week, a major comms and internet cable has been severed to the middle east.

Effectively the region has been shut down completely in terms of the internet, and voice comms seriously disrupted.

Looks like they are wanting to ensure some information is not going in or out.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327588,00.html

2. i think they are trying to interrupt your access to news and events to use for chicken little topics on Netrider.

3. Hahahaha. You're out of control PP. Even the service providers think it's innocent. It must be lonely being the most paranoid person on earth.

4. Re: What is it they want to silence?

That might be bad news for fans of Israeli p0rn, but for most of us I think life will just go on.

5. :rofl: @ pauls pic!
    i imagine thats exactly what PPs setup would be like :rofl:

6. Hmmm, I reckon PP and Stump should hook up.....

Regards, Andrew.

7. The article mentions a cut cable then a planned project for a better cable installed by a state system - oh this couldn't possibly be about money at ALL...

/sarcasm

8. You really need to get laid PP
    I'll start a hooker fund if you like and we will all contribute to the breaking of your drought.

9. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

10. Well, The jury's out until they can get down there and look at the failure - crush severing or if it was cut...

But meh, where there is a will, there is a way for getting info in and out.

11. He'd just sit the hooker down and tell her all about how bad the government are till she died of boredom.

12. Does anyone have a paranoia emoticon so PP can use it as his avatar?

13. aV2sw9p0.

14. Nice Caz :LOL:

15. Well here's more to the conspiracy

http://news.theage.com.au/no-ships-...ypt-communication-ministry/20080201-1pf4.html

No ships present when internet cable cut, says Egypt communication ministry

16. its an EMO cable, it cut itself.

17. :rofl: :rofl: