Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What is an economic stimulus payment

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by Avoidable, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Shamelessly cut and pasted from an email.

"Here is an attempt to explain this plan using the Q & A format:

Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?
    A. It is money the government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?
    A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
    A. Only a teeny weeny portion of it.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
    A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase a high definition TV or a new computer, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China?
    A. Shut up."

2. Keep the money in our economy. Beer and hookers people, that's where our money should be going.
  3. Beer, Hookers and Tattoo's!

Oh and try to stay away from the pokies unlike the last lot!
  4. It's something that I don't get. Bastards...

Not necessarily a bad thing, given a lot of the tax receipts comes from mineral royalties which we get from exporting dirt to China.
  5. I know a whooole lot of people using that money to go spend big overseas...
  6. How "big" exactly can one spend with $950?
  7. I guess 1 medium class hooker for an hour!!!

9. yea i was also thinkin a nice set of leathers would go nicely for 950!
  10. finally the single white male gets something. didnt really need it but w00t

typical labor... give 950 to pretty much everyone so that noone can complain about being short changed...cept maybe the rich.

its a good thing though, previously you have had to use your frankston honed chastity skills to pop out an ugly screaming kid or buy a the house in deer park you have always wanted to get the veritable pat on the back and $5 taped on the inside of a card from old uncle government.

straight into the bike fund, should i send my money to europe or japan...thats the only question
  11. It's not through yet is it?? I hope they can it.
  12. you can send me yours if you want steve :grin:
  13. My point was more that it's money not going back into our economy. I know others wiring it directly to people studying, relatives etc not in this country.