Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What is a NSW highway parol car fitted with!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by V2, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Just read this and thought I would share.

Inside a highway patrol car

I suspect highway patrol cars in other states would be similar.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Good read.

In Victoria they try to hide the lights and aerials a little better so they can sneak up behind kitten killing drivers doing 102km/h on the freeway.
    Rumor has it they also have lazy boy recliners and seatback tables in them to stretch out, relax and eat donuts while waiting for motorcyclists at the end of long empty country straights?

The ANPR is the real prick of a system fitted to these cars which they gloss over, once your in visual range they already have your plate and all your details. Makes running pointless and only more expensive.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Now don't go picking on the police - there just doing there job. Nothing wrong with booking people for doing 102kph - we all know its completely safe to drive at 100kph but at 102kph a vehicle is much more unstable and breaking distances increase significantly. You may as well be driving drunk, stoned and naked, its just as dangerous!
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Aaaaaah, but not necessarily true. In Vic you could be on one of those Triumphs that gets stolen on a daily basis, therefore the cops most definitely do not have your details because they haven't kicked your front door down yet (if they were at all bothered about bike thieves that is). So if you're a thieving bike scum, running is still an option.
  5. This guy is driving down the road and he goes over a bridge.
    Sure enough, a cop with a HWY patrol car is sitting on the other side of the bridge and pulls him over.
    The cop walks up to the guy's car and asks, "What's the hurry?"
    The guy says, "I'm late for work."
    "What do you do?"
    The guy responds, "Well, I'm a rectum stretcher."
    The cop says, "What? A rectum stretcher?"
    The guy says, "Yeah. I start with a finger, then work my way up to two fingers...eventually I get a hand in, then both hands, and I slowly stretch it until it's about six feet wide."
    The cop asks, "What do you do with a six-foot asshole?"
    "Well, you install him in a highway patrol car"
    • Funny Funny x 7
  6. The article conveniently fails to mention the black unmarked Holden SS Ute that drives up and down Macquarie Pass at about 40kph, encouraging people to pass it and then sending on registration details to a stopper car so the person can be booked....
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ah! So that's where that bloody thing is now.

It used to hang out on the Old Road, near Pie in the Sky.

Sneaky.....very sneaky.... :)
  8. I can give you its rego if you like...
  9. If that's really going on - I think that there needs to be some sort of public outcry about it -the same as what happened in Victoria with the camouflage cops and their radars. The media coverage and public dissatisfaction was such an embarrassment to the force that they stopped doing it. Deliberately driving under the speed limit to encourage people to overtake and speed is just as despicable, and deserves the same sort of attention.
  10. Well, the black ute that was on the Old Road near Pie had CC 16 NV.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. same car......