Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What hope have we got

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by vic, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Taxi driver rams police horse

AAP

June 07, 2009 02:37pm

A MOUNTED policeman and his horse narrowly escaped injury in Perth after a taxi driver drove into the animal.

Police spokeswoman Ros Weatherall said a 26-year-old taxi driver was asked to leave the Perth police station about 3.40am (WST) on Sunday, after becoming argumentative.

"At around 4.10am (WST), the man drove his taxi back into Northbridge and drove up behind three mounted police horses patrolling Lake Street," Ms Weatherall said.

"The man then sounded his horn several times and was spoken to by the officers about his behaviour.

"Ignoring the officers, the man then drove into one of the horses, nudging it for around five metres, before taking off at speed ..."

Neither the police horse or rider were injured during the incident.

The man then veered onto the wrong side of the road and sped away, narrowly missing a police officer, who had instructed him to stop, Ms Weatherall said.

He then tried to ram the police station.

"A short time later, he then drove his car onto the footpath in front of Perth police station at speed and was forced to brake heavily to avoid hitting the bollards," Ms Weatherall said.

"He attempted to reverse back but was prevented by police who had blocked his path.

"After a violent struggle, the man was forcibly removed from his car and arrested."

The man was charged with failing to stop after a traffic accident, reckless driving, failing to stop when called upon, wilful reckless driving and obstructing police.

He is expected to appear in the Perth Magistrates Court on Monday.

2. An argumentative, reckless, violent, irresponsible TAXI driver?
    Surely NOT! :wink:

3. the world is full of stupid people.

those people become taxi drivers.

4. :rofl:

Thats just classic.

What a nutter though, thats the kind of crazy that should be ejected from society given the chance, and with pending citizenship I hope he gets the boot, the asshat.

Suprised they didn't try slap him with attempted homocide too..

5. The RSPCA will probably have a go next.

6. Isn't touching a police dog or horse considered assault of an officer? That's what the butch fun nazis who control the sniffer dogs at festivals are always screaming anyway.

7. Because the horse wasn't gay? :p

8. I think thats more to do with the control of the dog. They are in sniff mode, so your not meant to pat them like a normal dog and confuse them - or something to that effect. But yea I'm surprised he didn't get more charges than that, I'm glad the horse was ok too. Why on earth would you take that out on a horse, wish it had kicked him or something. Those horses are machines...

9. Imagine if you cut that guy off on your motorcycle. :shock:

10. Throw the book at him.

I got stuck going straight and way out of my way because two consecutive taxis refused to let me in when i was driving the cage despite me having indicated very prematurely.

Taxi drivers are proper deadsh1ts. I've even had one run up the back of me and he suggested that it was my fault. :roll:

I have to say the more i deal with them on the road the less I like them...

11. ... are you sure this wasn't in Sydney??... the Taxi driver obviously didn't know where he was going!!..... :roll: :roll:

12. #13 flinders_72, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    "had contacted them to say the man, Alen Deniro...."

I see they already have the video up on YouTube. He seems to have a bit of an attitude (language warning):

[media=youtube]fSuylzFZXb4[/media]

13. If he had a motorcycle, he could have gone straight through those bollards and rammed the police station properly.

14. :LOL:
    Love it

15. I'm surprised they didn't shoot him.

16. He tried to ram the police station? I'd like to know what was going through his head..

"BASTARDS!@! I'll ram them!"

*drive towards building*

"hmmm, actually, I don't think this will work that well"