Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What have I done !!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Munkres, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Hi there. One day I thought I would try to challenge myself and get out of a rut, so did the pre-learners course. When I asked the instructor what I could do to get better, he said "well you have to buy a bike". After weeks of trolling Gumtree (and waiting for my online test at the RMS), I finally went into a dealer and bought a brand new Z250!! Just wanted to find some like minded riders and get some experience and advice to see where this journey takes me :)

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sounds like you did the right thing, but I'm biased.

Ride often, ride daily, ride when you don't have to, ride whenever you have a free moment, ride with friends, ride alone, ride when it's scorching hot and when it's freezing cold; and if you're not sick of riding after that, you have done the right thing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. nice bike
    we pick up my wife's this morning
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Welcome to the asylum mate
  5. Welcome to the jungle
  6. Welcome, stay safe and have fun (y)
  7. Welcome to NR
  8. Welcome along.
    Enjoy the learning
  9. Welcome. The answer to your thread title is that you done good!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Welcome :cool:
  11. Welcome :)
  12. Welcome! You won't regret it!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome to NR from Adelaide.
  14. Welcome. Where in Sydney are you? I ride as much as I can but work a lot of weekends so it's a tricky one sometimes. Lots of night rides and the odd weekday off I try and get out. I reckon you made the right choice. It's another world when you're on two wheels :)
  15. Welcome to Netrider and two wheels MunkresMunkres!
  16. welcome aboard :)
    Congrats on the Ls & the Bike.
    Take your time don't be to harsh on yourself
    ride at your own pace & Let the good times role :)
  17. gday MunkresMunkres and welcome to NR - you have made a massive mistake in buying a motorcycle - that is unless you want to have fun and be exciting and see the world from a different perspective.

let's not forget that you will now have additional reasons to validate your ongoing need for retail therapy, jackets, boots, gloves, luggage... the list is never ending.

congratulations and well done - see you on the road!
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Welcome MunkresMunkres! Have fun & ride your own race at a pace that's comfortable for just you.

If you are confident enough keep an eye out for the organised Sydney group rides, a lot of fun & no pressure to ride fast if
    you don't want to. There's one next weekend, unfortunately I'll miss out:

[NSW] - [Sep 11, 2016] Spring has Sprung (North Richmond, NSW)

L & P friendly!
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Enjoy yourself!