Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What happened to city scooter in woolloomooloo?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Colonynofi, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Hey all.
    Haven't been round this forum too long, but hoping I'm asking this question in the right place.
    Does anyone know what happened to city scooter on bourke street in wooloomooloo?
    In its place now is a new shop (same phone number) called Sable & Argent.

I'd love to get any details I can - they were going to do a warranty repair on my sachs that I bought through city scooter, kept my bike 8 weeks, only to call me yesterday to tell me they couldn't do any warranty repairs on my bike, as they were not (and never have been) a sachs dealer.

So I'm left with a sachs madass 125, and no warranty.

This is totally independent of Stoney Creek Powersports going under (I'm aware of that one too - talk about a tricky situation...) - I'm just trying to find out who is who and what is what, in order to solve the situation.

Fun eh?

(If anyone has any further info on either company, above that Sable & Argent registered as a company in april this year, and that city scooter still has an operational website, I'd love to know it.)

Apologies if this is not the appropriate forum.

Cheers, Brendan.
  2. Any change in management? Details of warranty, who was it signed with? Who was the ABN registered to, and what business did the register after?

Sounds like a shithole of a void in warranty coverage now - no bastard wants to touch them!
  3. I'd definitely find somewhere else if you can.

I looked up the Sable and Argent web site.

Anyone who can write this with a straight face...

Sable & Argent is a premium 2-wheel lifestyle store superbly situated in the Sydney Harbour waterfront suburb of Woolloomooloo. At Sable & Argent we are creating a destination for scooter riders and cyclists all over Sydney.

We seek to foster a cult following amongst discerning and passionate riders, and provide a unique retail experience.