Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What exhaust?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by tmg, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Was reading old mates post about him getting dual akrapovics for his ZX10, and wondered if this brand of pipe/tip is the best choice for my ZX6?

I want to open up the bottom end of the rev range on my bike a bit more and was wondering if just a pipe will help, or should I go a tip? What if I went a full pipe, K&N filter and PCIII?

What are my options for getting a bit more oomph from the lower end of the rev range?

2. wow that helps me so much...little elaboration please. :)
  3. You can try and get power curves from dyno's out of some suppliers but often its rather difficult. I spent ages trying to find dyno's on the net for my Bandit, slim pickin's I found
  4. Buy a 10! :p
  5. Problem with most pipes are that they free up power in the top of the rev range at the expense of bottom end. Probably your best bet is PCIII, and a dyno to have a play. Unfortunately, a 600 will never be a torque monster :)
  6. guess I just need to get used to having to give it a bit more throttle on the take off and settle on the fact that I am not going to kill it if I cruise around at about 6 grand in second or 5 grand in third. After all the engines in the super sport bikes are made to rev.

Coming down from a 900 road bike didn't really help. That thing WAS a torque monster compared to this one. I am getting used to it, but the bike is sluggish below 4 grand compared to my old 900.