Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

what do you use your scoot for...50cc+++

Discussion in 'Scooters' at netrider.net.au started by furbypimp, Jun 6, 2006.

1. ok here is the questions peoples.

1..what kind of scooter do you have?
    2.. what mod's? if any..
    3..all you scooter riders what do you use your scooter for?
    4..does it full fill its purpose?
    5..any future mods for your scooter.??

ok people im asking this to get everyones opionions and the forums seem to be quiet, so i decided to ask some simple questions.
    thanks hope to hear from everyone.
    ps: bike riders dont come in and bag people on this post about how bikes are better or faster more fun.. just for scooters
    how many people from South aus our on this forum?

2. 1 - 1985 Honda Spacy 250.
    2 - A bit of gaffa tape to patch the tear on the seat.
    3 - Commuting, running errands ... you know, the usual.
    4 - Yes. Cheap and effective.
    5 - More gaffa when/where required.

3. 1. 1980 Honda NC50 Express.
    2. It has a rectangular piece of metal that fits in the hole where the ignition lock used to be because I don't have a key.
    3. Absolutely. I only use it for burnouts on the grass when I go home to visit Mum.
    4. Mabey an on/off switch so I don't have to have the bit of metal wired onto the handelbars. It gets in the way sometimes. :)

4. furbypimp wrote:
    ok here is the questions peoples.

1..what kind of scooter do you have?
    2.. what mod's? if any..

1. Bolwell Jolie 50cc aka SYM DD50

2. Chromed number plate holder and rear grab bar, reomoved some bits

3. At the moment...Everything. I love riding it, I take it everywhere , rain , wind or shine.

4. Yeah but would like some more top end

5. Heaps keen to get the 70cc kit and exhaust, probably try and make it look a bit better aswell!

5. oh yeah and me and delusionl are both from sa...

6. Vmoto Monza

no mods.. maybe a few side scrapes for effect...
    kevlar belt???

i use it everywhere.. wind rain or nice sun. its bought for a reason.. to save me fuel compared to my RX-7

mods.. id like to up it to 70cc and run sports variator.. exhauts reject carbi's etc.

but prob just get a bike

and yes in SA

7. 1..what kind of scooter do you have?

TGB Akros-Tec 50cc air cooled 2 stroke

2.. what mod's? if any..

electronic de-restrict only

to work and back commute mainly, occasional w/e errands, scooter runs once per month or so

hell yeah, I'd marry it if it wasn't a crime against nature

you name it, if I can afford it, and it's possible!! :) Until I get my Aprilla anyway...

how many people from South aus our on this forum?

not me, WA

8. what is the top speed of the red devil?

9. 1. A Bug Jive
    2. None. Except an "integra typeR" sticker on the side as a joke.
    3. Everything. Going to work, going to girlfriends, I take it everywhere. About 30 minutes each way, almost wherever I'm going. I'm living in a wierd geographical location. I'm 30 minutes from everywhere. Almost like o brother where art thou.
    4. Kind of. I'm about to buy a 250 road/trail bike for a bit more speed up hills and carrying my girlfriend as it's just easier to buy a new bike, rather than ask a woman to lose weight. :LOL:
    5. I'd like a custom pipe to see what it does, but I won't do it probably. Can't justify suping up a two wheeled lawnmower.

10. 1.Bolwell EuroMX150
    2.None yet
    3.To/from/at work-cricket too!(its a good look carrrying a bat through town)
    4.And the kids love it( the ones under 14 anyway)
    5.If anyone knows of any.... :cool:

11. 1. Honda Lead 50
    2. None
    3. It did until the engine drama popped up
    4. Yeah it's cheaper to run than my car and easier to whip through traffic than a 16foot long barge
    5. Nah just get it going again (rebuilding for bro in law to use) and either buy a 100+cc scoot or a bike

12. I don't have a scooter now, but I did a while ago so I'll play anyway:

1. it was a Bollwell Jolie (50cc)

2. none

3. Lots of short trips around the inner city - just within, say, 15km radius from home, but I still managed to run up over 6,000kms on it in less than a year.

4. It did, but I found I needed a bit more; IMO 50cc is really not enough for anything but the most urban, most congested areas. Also, I didn't really like the small wheels, Ididn't think they were well suited for our awful road surfaces. And I missed manual transmission. All in all, I replaced the scoot with CB250 and I found it works better for me.
    When I get a second bike there is a possibility I'll replace my Honda with a scoot, but if I go this route, this time I'll get a 125cc, one of these larger-wheeled ones. Or just get a postie, which is basically the same in functionality but much cheaper.

5. I'm not really interested in modding in general, I expect my ride to be just the way I want it straight off the dealer's floor :)

13. 1. Bolwell Jolie (SYM DD50)
    2. Malossi MHR Replica 70cc, V-8 exhaust, kevlar belt, 7g rollers, bore stoke lengthened, exhaust porting.
    3. Just for having fun, visiting local friends and relatives, errands.
    4. It gets me around. Not powerful enough to get me to work and back (30+km @ 80-100kph, through hills back roads). Will be getting a bigger scooter some day.
    5. Final Gear upgrade to keep the revs down.

Yep, SA born and bred.

14. 1..what kind of scooter do you have?
    2.. what mod's? if any..

1: Vmoto Monaco 1215
    2: side stand modified to prevent fall-over
    3:saving fuel, shopping, etc, all fun
    4:SHIT! YES!
    5:12v power outlet under the seat for phone charger, under seat & top-box lights.

& I'm in Sth Oz too