Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What do you LOVE about riding??

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by hornet, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Many things, but let me start with this one.
    Riding westward at first thing in the morning on a sunny day, or riding eastward late afternoon, and seeing your shadow on the road in front of you.........

2. For me it's simply the feeling of the wind on my face & dare I say it, the feeling of freedom that bring on a bike brings.
  3. Thinking and acceleration. :D :D :D
  4. It's the lack of thinking that works for me. An escape. :D
  5. It has to be Freedom, no backseat driver or kids having a go at each other. :D :D :D :D :D
  6. How many of the same questions (just different wording) are there gonna be?? :?
    I mean, once or twice yes, but when it's 10 times, it becomes irritating.
    Yes I know I don't have to read the thread, but the thread is there on the index page.
  7. I also like being out in the fresh air, in the bush and countryside and experiencing the weather. :D :D :D
  8. Same for me,
    It's something that you can't find anywhere else.
  9. The thrill of corners and the sense of escape.
  10. Everything....trite, I know, but even a long ride on a pouring wet day has its attractions when seen in the wider context..
  11. Minna there was only 5 posts before you said: "but when it's 10 times"
    I was going to say a wet feeling but thought that might be over stepping the mark! :D :D
  12. Speed.

Oh sorry, I meant the wind in my face ;)
  13. Everything.

I cant narrow it down
  14. for me its like standing on the edge of a cliff.....i feel that close to death/serious injury and its only my skills/the bike's intricate workings and the the ground that's keeping me alive!! :)

i think riding a bike is pure thrillseeking!
  15. ...the moment bike and rider hang "suspended" on top-dead-center during change-of-direction in a series of tight twisties....the whole show seems to float for a fraction of time...the pucker too slow to catch up and breakfast coming-up from down-below for a re-visit of the "loading-ramp" :D ...then pushing the bars for the next tip-in under engine-braking....and everything "compresses"/ slides down/ squats again. LOVE IT !
  16. All the above, but mostly for me (and I suppose the rest of the old goat brigade) the return to my youth. :p :p 8)

I think of the freedom days. Sometimes I even forget to look at the next corner.***Have to work on that one***

yeeeehhhhhaahaaaaaaaaaa oh ow cough cough ggrummph :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  17. Leaning over while cornering..great feeling
  18. Nah I didn't mean it that way steve. I meant there were previous threads pretty much asking the same thing.
  19. sorry, minna, not trying to re-invent the wheel, but I guess that similar threads are a fact of life for forums as experiences and people come and go. Enjoy anyway, and I'll check next time!
  20. Linked twisties - in, up, down the other side, over and over. Like ballet or something.

Always pushing harder; finding my limits aren't the limits.