Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What do you do when 'service' becomes a foreign word?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by robinroberts, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Bought a new bike last October from Scooteria. Had some minor problems which I asked them to look into at the first service in December. The main one was the battery going flat which started after I had it a couple of weeks. Their response was to buy a charger and put it on every night and make sure I ride it every day. Sounded silly as my previous little Honda never gave a hint of trouble. Was told because they (Honda) don't make "rubbish" like a lot of manufacturers. But this was my new bike costing double the Honda and being referred to as rubbish. Rubbish was referrred to two more times regarding the other two problems which weren't fixed.
    Spoke to the salesman a week later who said of course these bikes are rubbish compared to Japanese bikes costing 2-3 times more. But mine had cost less than half the new one. Next silly response: "Goldstar used to sell electronics equipment that were shit. They changed their name and now their shit doesn't smell so bad." He really did lose me here. Was he suggesting I change the name of the bike? He then went on to suggest I buy a new battery at my expense, telling me I could choose to do something or do nothing, I guess like themselves. He told me I could ring back in the new year and speak to the mechanic but that was pretty much it.
    After having the bike for only 3 months, I decided to sell it because I couldn't go through the frustration of talking to someone who didn't understand basic customer service. Not having to ever deal with Scooteria again, well, priceless. :(

2. dude......no offence....but get over it....ive read on about 3 post about your ordeal......
  3. so what bike was it ? or was it a scooter ??

Is it a chinese scooter ? im guessing it was...
  4. Goldstar appliances were cheap things bought to Australia in the 80's and early 90's. They were apparantly fairly crappy. They came back onto the Australian market a few years later, this time called LG. Lucky Goldstar used the tagline "Lifes Good" so people wouldn't remember the Goldstar origins.