Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What do I need to know to pass my P's

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by CB250_Newby, Jun 18, 2007.

  1. I am about to complete my test in WA and I wanted to know the following:

    • How Should I check my bike before we start
      What actions are they going to require me to perform
      Any other tips for passing and getting on the road
      Also will they check if my instructor has come with me or can I go on my own


  2. Info for those a little on the lazy side all the info should be HERE
  3. I kinda of meant what do I need to do in the practical test

    Figure Eights
    Emergency Stopping
    Hill Starts

    That kinda of stuff.
  4. You're on the net. Learn to search :!:

    Basics of motorcycle, bus and truck assessment
    Specific points for the motor cycle and moped riding assessment
    A practical riding assessment is required before you obtain classes R-N (moped), R-E (motorcycle with an engine capacity before 250cc) or R (any motorcycle). During the practical assessment, you must ride a motorcycle that meets the minimum standards of assessment for your class

    You will be assessed on your general riding ability, as well as your ability to perform a quick stop between 50km/h and 60km/h. You should be able to stop your machine under full control without locking either wheel.

    You must also show that you can balance the machine at low speeds by riding around a figure eight and/or a weaving course, without putting either foot on the ground. During your assessment you will be asked to demonstrate your ability to correctly park and start on a hill.

    Remember, when riding a motor cycle or moped, you must look to the rear as well as check in your mirrors before signalling, diverging or stopping.

    Specific points for bus, truck and articulated vehicle driving assessment - classes LR, MR, HR, HC and MC
    For your practical assessment for all of the above classes of vehicles, you will be asked to drive a manual gear change vehicle using the double de-clutch method. You can use an automatic or synchromesh gearbox, but if you do, you will be issued with a restricted licence.

    You will be expected to demonstrate proper use of both external mirrors. Drivers of trucks and semi-trailers should check the security of spare wheels, air lines and electrical connections, and ensure that any load is correctly fastened. In addition, drivers of articulated vehicles will be required to demonstrate how to 'couple' and 'uncouple' the semi-trailers.

    From HERE