Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What Did you Expect?

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by Dante, May 2, 2006.

1. It's thunderstorm season and when the power goes out at one branch
    office, the uninterruptible power supplies kick in, everything
    gracefully shuts down, and the technician waits for power to return.
    And waits. And waits.

"Late evening sees the power restored, and we go about bringing the
    network back to life," says the tech.

Next morning, the phone rings. It's a very irate corporate
    administrator wanting to know why we had an unscheduled outage the
    day before. The tech calmly explain about the storm, which he had no
    control over.

The Administrator's response? "Next time, put it on the schedule
    before you have an unexpected outage!"
  2. then someone tracks down the facilities manager and drops a ton of incident forms into his in box with a 20min deadline at 3am (Americans !!!) and asks to reproduce the power loss procedure again..... and then they ask you to contact the bureau of metrology and expect them to call you every half hour with storm updates just in case it happens again....but then when you have finally wiped the sleep out of your eyes you are called into a phone conference with global engineering team that have had a night sleep and are all wanting a complete report on the incident......then some dip shit wants to know why the back up generator didn't kick in and wont except the fact that you don't have one and they are responsible for knocking back the request for the instillation 12 months ago.

why do i do it ?
  3. I was a Facilities Manager in the USA for about 10 years..
    EEEURGH!...I remember all those incident reports...and the wood-duck expectations of software engineers...(glump)