Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What did mechanic forget?

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by squigglezz, Jun 12, 2016.

1. ok , got the bike home after service and blueslip. noticed oil on trailer,had a good look at the bike all clean except this.
    so what did he forget,what am i asking the new mechanic for? ya i know i have heaps to learn, booked in for maintance course next mth.Really didnt want to wait till tuesday to ride:( WP_20160610_006.

Attached Files:

2. #2 kneedragon, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Hi there Squigglezz. I am not entirely sure, but a number of bikes seem to have a centre piece that looks a bit like a big grub screw, in the centre of the case there. I will go try and hunt up a comparison pic...

Does the mechanic / workshop have an email address? email that picture to them and ask them what's missing. While you're at it, ask them who is responsible for replacement. I am pretty certain if it happened to me, my mechanic would replace the part and pay for it. If they didn't, they'd stop being my mechanic pretty damn quick.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tried to find owners manual online ,but all i seem to come up with for this model is service manual , thats no help if ya not a mechanic.
  4. What model is it?
  5. Bingo! Old Corollas is spot on the money.

I thought it was a 250 Virago. LOL. Yes, the cover plug is missing. I don't entirely know, because I've not had anything to do with them, but I think if that came off or was left off, the mechanic is very clearly to blame.
  6. Your mechanic is a dick head, never go back there again mate
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. This might be a stupid question, but it looks like the bikes had a spill so I think it's fair to ask - was the plug there before the service?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Fair point but even if it wasn't you'd expect your mechanic to bloody point it out and get a replacement part, right?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 1994
  10. Exactly
    • Like Like x 1
  11. It was when ,when I bought it i asked lotsa questions ,took heaps of video, n dragged 3 people who ride to look at it,
    • Like Like x 1