Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What country do AGV helmets made in?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by TimTam, Sep 6, 2008.

1. ?
    thanks in advance

2. Italy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGV_(helmet_manufacturer)

3. It's an Italian company, but I thought they were actually manufactured in China or Indonesia? I'll see if I can find something to support that.

EDIT - Here you go, made in China:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/agv-helmets/agv-ti-tech.htm

EDIT 2 - Yes, a google of AGV and "Made in China" returns heaps of comments from customers who feel mislead.

4. Does anyone know if the earlier model agv helmets were made in Italy? As i've seen some advertised on ebay saying "made in italy".

5. AGV helmets? I believe they're manufactured in china.

6. I have a AGV Ti-Tech ive had a few years and it has a "FABBRICATO IN ITALIA" sticker on the side of it :grin:

7. So does mine. Maybe the cheaper models are made in China.

8. 1984, the model I bought back in, made in Italy, it was.

9. The Ti-Tech is definitely made in China now, and it's one of their more expensive models isn't it? I believe all manufacturing was moved to China recently, but (not surprisingly) it's hard to find much info.

10. My AGV lid, that I purchased in the year of 1998 is made in Italy.

11. Mine says fabricato in Italia on the side too. No idea how old it is though.

12. Just wondering...

...why do you want to know?

13. My GP Pro was made in Italy but like posters have said other models, perhaps all of them now, are made in China and/or Indonesia.

Nolans are still made in Italy.

14. My Vemar was made in Italy.

15. My car is made in Australia.

Apparently they make cheese in France.

16. I hate cheese, smells funny.

Back on subject. How long has Dainese owned AGV for? Could the shift in production location be a result of their ownership?

17. I thought everything made in china had to have a 'made in china' sticker on it - kinda like the government health warnings on cigarette packets! :LOL:

My AGV Ti-tech also has "fabricato in Italio" or something on it, It's a year or two old.