Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What Chain and Sprockets?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by jho, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Hi guys

tried doing a search but couldnt' find anything and you've all been fantastic help up to now..

for those that don't know I'll be picking up a 2001 CBR 600 F4i tommorrow, and the chain and sprockets need replacing. I've called up some shops around here and they all give me the speal on how i should put on a good quality chain and set of sprockets. Ok.. then so what brands should I be lookin for? and I'm guessing these will be up at the $200 mark for the chain from when I enquired. one guy mentioned an X Ring DID or something?.. How bout the sprockets any particular brand to look out for?

does it really make that much difference if I put on a $75 chain as opposed to a $200 chain?

2. I f you go to a Honda shop they will sell you a complete kit with sprockets and chain. Best quality you can get is genuine Honda parts.
  3. Afam for sprockets and DID or RK for the chain.You pay for what you get so yes there is a difference :wink:
  4. What's a chain and sprocket????

:p :p :p :p :p
  5. I have a DID X ring chain and was advised that they are the best money can buy.
    Buy genuine Honda spockets.
    My 2 cents.
  6. Bugger, I thought this must have been a BMW thread
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  7. Only if you've got a GS
  8. and only a little one, at that.
    :p :p
  9. I have tried alot of chains, go for DID X Ring and JT Sprockets. JT sprockets have been around for years and the last set on my VFR lasted 30,000kms and they were still in reasonable condition. Most good bike shops have or can get them.