Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

what CBR250RR??

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by MrFishie, Feb 9, 2008.

1. im looking at a CBR 250RR for my first bike and obviously i dont want to pay top dollar for the newest, flashest model. im searching for something 1995 onwards but websites tell me some of the fuel consumption is around 10L/10km!! cant be right can some one tell me what it is actually around :?: :?:

cheers

2. firstly go join the cbr forum

www.cbr250.com

good bunch of lads, mainly all aussie peeps, and there are always bikes going from forum members for the right price (got my 96 for $4000)

secondly, ya thats bs, youll nock out 200km easy off a full tank before reserve on the cibby.

good luck with it all and nice choice of bike :grin:

3. thanks guys much appreciated

4. I typically hit reserve at 200km. The worst I ever did was 150km. I was flogging the tits off of it.

Typically for them you look at 5L/100km. Which isnt bad at all.

5. 4-5, depending on how you ride it.

6. My FZR250 gets around 5-6 liters per 100km.

7. I can't tell how far i get on my cbr, the trip-meter knob fell off and unless i remember the Kms each time i fill up i have no idea. speaking of which anyone know where i can get a tripmeter knob?

8. Be mindful that the CBR250RR officially stopped production in Japan in 1996. Australia got their leftover warehouse stocks (in the factory white/red/blue colourscheme) untiiiiiiiil 1999? Someone will have to correct me on the year.

Therefore, the newest CBR250RRs you can buy were rolled off the production lines in 1996, some 12 years ago. No younger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBR250 lists the year changes for the CBR250 series.

The alternate paintjobs you will see around, and certainly any "2000" and onwards CBR250RRs will be imported bikes from Japan.

The year on those bikes (eg: 2005) advertised indicates when the bike was Complianced by the importer, not the actual build date of the bike. These bikes don't have any sort of history behind them - as far as Australia is concerned, the imported bikes didn't even exist until they were complianced.

Not that that's necessarily a problem, but "Buyer Beware".