Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What bike?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by 12ARX, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Long time reader first time poster :wink:
    Currently ride a RGV and i am looking to trade up to another bike..
    I am looking for something that must commute, be fun on the twisties and be be comforatble for some highway riding.. ALSO i want to do a bit of dirt riding every now and then (not motoX just dirt riding when i go shooting).. I am only 170cm tall so most of the bigger bore enduros etc bikes i have looked at are too tall for me. I love the look of the drz400sm but want to know how capable is it if i get spare rims with knobbies for the dirt trips? Does the drz400e/s come in the black like the SM? What options have i got? Love the old xt's seat height but too harsh on the highway..
    Cheers :grin:

2. Getting one bike to do all that is pretty tough.

A BMW F650 might fit the bill, as might a V-Strom 650.

They won't be as good on dirt as a proper offroad, but they'll probably get you there. These bikes will be much more suited to the highway than a dirty though.
  3. I think you're realy looking for 2 bikes there and you would be far from the only NR to have more than 1 :wink: