Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What are the odds, the morning of my P's course/test

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Spud Gun, May 9, 2005.

1. I get up at 5:30am and get ready to be at Clyde (Parramatta) for 7:30 to do the P's course followed by the test. I head to the bike. I jump on, turn the switch to run, ignition on, clutch in, press ignition. Nothing. Any day but today! I hear a loud electrical buzz and the engine doesn't turn. Shit! I see the lights are bright and fine, so it must be the starter motor. So I try again and all I get is a buzz for my troubles. I then remember that you can hire bikes at Clyde for the course. I ring and their office hours are 9:00 till 5:00, with the course starting at 7:30. Bloody handy that! I am basically prepared to go and try the test anyway except you cannot do a test until you have done the full day course. So thats $130 for my P's down the drain. I then had to pay a guy $88 to come and take the bike to the mechanics to fix it. Luckily I rang the shop to se what was wrong with it, and the bloke left the bike with no details whatsoever, so they had no idea who it belonged to let alone what was wrong with it. I will hear today or tomorrow whats wrong and what it will cost. I also had to rebook the course and test, another $130. A bloody expensive Friday. <whinge moan>

2. Sheesh

Talk about a run of bad luck!

Hope things get better for you soon
  3. It was the first time that happened at all. Well, it wasn't meant to be. Thats what I keep telling myself anyway. At least the bike will be sorted. The lesson learned, start your bike every day leading up to the test. Mine was idle for 5 days before hand.
  4. damn. that is one unlucky day. i reckon you must have done some pretty bad shit for karma to get you that bad. like seriously. and then the bike tow truck dude didnt leave your details! bugger. did you try to clutch start it? you might have been able to get to parra then hire a bike there.... oh well, all in restrospect. hope evrything sorted for you're next attempt!
  5. You couldn't bump start it? Just to annoy you with the obvious :)
  6. I tried to bump start, run start, etc. Nothing. It just wasn't turning at all. Might be something more serious.
  7. Im not reading all that. It's just a block of text.

Hit the enter key occasionally so it's easier to read.