Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What are the Honda Ride Days like?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by StRider, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Since buying a Honda almost a year ago I have received a number of invitations to HRC ride days, but I haven't gone to one yet. To be honest I have the worry that they might be a little on the 'sedate' side .....

What's are they like?
  2. I went on the December Ride down to Huskinson... Even got my photo in the magazine :)
    They are not sedate.
    The lead bike, Brett Cross on his cruiser, does what he calls a fair clip but it also keeps the other guys from doing "stupid" speeds on the road.
    There is also a tail bike, that stays behind the last rider.
    Hope that helps.
    Also do not have to own a Honda to partake in these rides.
    I was on a Hyosung, Saw Kawasaki, Suzuki, Peugot Scooters and others there.
  3. Don't misunderstand me, I ride within my ability, I've ridden with guys who sit on XXXkm/h and I have no intention of doing that too often, too risky. But I also don't intend sitting 10ks under the speed limit all day, nor of being trated like a school kid by the person in charge if I were to ocassionally sprint away on a twisty bit of road. Hence my question.
    We all ride our own way, I do not criticise other's riding styles (as long as it's within their ability) but wish to know whether an HRC day would suit me, thats' all.